Search This Blog

Sunday 12 September 2010

Drummers in the Sky with Confetti

Last night I went to the Freedom Fest 2010 in Hull City Centre and it was absolutely fantastic.

I love street theater, it is always new, never boring and mainly, absolutely insane. Here are just a few of the fantastical sights I was able to see last night:



That, is a giant mobile, suspended high above the ground in the city centre, by crane. It holds several, amazing nutcracker-esque drummer men and one absolutely mesmerising acrobat. As the crane floated the mobile high above us, we were treated to a magnificent display of grace and skill. Then, much to my delight, they dropped confetti ^^



I fucking LOVE confetti...



Moving on...

The next magical event we witnessed was like a parade of dreams, we were ambushed by giant muti-faced heads...



A floating, firey, fish...



And most magnificent of all...



A GODDAMN DRAGON!

Unfortunately I was unable to reach it to sample its blood, shame too, I bet that Dragon's blood would have been beautiful!

As the night moved on and the monsters began to drift away, myself and my friends sat by the fountain to wait for the fireworks display to begin.



Myself and Haus Frau got rather wet as it poured down but it did not dampen our spirits, nor our makeup!

Just as we were getting comfortable and ready for the fireworks we spotted some commotion around the other side of the fountain...




Could it be?....



YES! YES IT IS!



DINOSAURS!!!!

I love dinosaurs and I can tell you that this was a dream come true for me, as I got extremely close to them...



Extreeeeeeeeeeeemely close.

After these marvelous creatures had bounded off into the distance, we finished the night with a pretty, albeit brief, fireworks show.



KABLINGLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment