Search This Blog

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Alternative?

So, I am what you would call the odd one out in my family, I have piercings and tattoos and I love the 'Alternative' culture. I get ragged on for having 'metal in my face' and drawing on my skin, it doesn't tend to bother me too much but now that I have chosen my career path as a tattoo artist I would like it if they stopped and actually thought about what my piercings and tats mean to me.

I see them as pieces of art on my skin and expressions of myself. With each new tattoo and piercing, I feel more like myself than I did before. I know many people get tattoos and piercings without really thinking about it, but I am of the opinion that if you're going to body mod, you best think long and hard about what you want to get, because once it's on you, it ain't coming off! Furthermore, it's kind of disrespectful to those people whose passion it is to help someone feel more comfortable with their body by adding art and piercings to it.

I guess I'm just tired of people making jokes about it like it's something offensive. I don't mod my body to offend anyone, I do it for myself. So even if it's not for you, please don't assume all of us do this to be 'in your face' or because we were drunk.

I paid for my tattoos and I love them.


My first large tattoo, I designed this one myself.

My second inside forearm tat, Bowie lyrics read, 'Lady Stardust San his Songs Of Darkness and Dismay' on a background of deep purple, stars and the Aladdin Sane bolt.

Got this one today, the final words of Ragged Robin from the Invisibles

The ISO symbol from Tron:Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment